Saturday, January 17, 2009

learning moments

Hello everyone....well my original intent was to just post recipes, but tonight I couldn't resist a sidetrip and blog a piece of our life. We had an interesting situation that happened today, and this problem has come and gone since we have been in the world of children doing dishes......our dishwasher became very sick. You see, the reason why our dishwasher became very sick is because the children that I have do not listen and do not rinse the FOOD off the the dishes and when this happens it causes our dishwasher to slowly become clogged in which brings me to today, when the dishwasher washed our dishes two times and still did not clean the dishes, so our dishwasher was clogged.....

Now for reasons I am not quite sure of, our dishes had piled up to super high piles, and in the past when our dishwasher clogs, the dishwasher remains sick for a while, so that my dearest children can actually hand wash the dishes, and possibly learn a lesson. Also the reason why the dishwasher remains clogged is according to my husband, cleaning out a dishwasher is a pain.

So........Devon is in charge of doing the dishes this week, and refused to hand wash all of the dishes you see below......


There's two pictures here, and really the pictures don't do this justice...the sink is also piled high, with dishes....a lot of dishes.
So, my wonderful determined son decided he was going to take apart and unclog the dishwasher.......yeah I know, quite the undertaking.....Steve was out plowing our snowpiles and he wanted to do this all himself. (oh and look he got a haircut today!!!!)
He did pretty well for a while, he took apart all of the pieces and arranged them oh so nice, and if you look at the next picture, you can see he has arranged the pieces on the counter.




After a while, Steve came in and started to offer Devon some advice. Devon took quite a dislike to this.....and Steve ended up walking away in a huff. I then went back to my dearest hubby and soft-talked him into him going back and be a Dad for him, listen and not take over. Yeah, I know, to not take over, what a hard task.....so they were able to work it out....Steve was able to watch and help (a little) and Devon was able to put it all back together.

Here, it is all back together.....learning moments.....these are the best. It became a win-win situation for both my son and my husband.....a man bonding moment and my children don't have to hand wash all of those dishes....Honestly, with a dishwasher, my children't don't know how good they have their life! Lots of love......Below, it is all put back together!





Whaletopia




1 comment:

  1. Good work Devon, I am sure your excited about not having to do so many dishes. Selen my sink has piled up like that before too and my dishwasher works.

    ReplyDelete